One of the world’s leading travel retailers, The Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG), has partnered with CodeGen International to accelerate its global digital transformation strategy.
A publicly listed company, FCTG, which operates in twenty-three countries, chose CodeGen’s TravelBox™ platform to be implemented throughout its global leisure operation.
TravelBox™ is an end-to-end travel technology platform designed to streamline highly technical architectures.
With FCTG’s requirement being to align systems and business processes for better adaptability while responding to long-term goals and the global marketplace, CodeGen’s TravelBox™ platform enabled a seamless operation that automates core operations across six regions in a single instance.
Despite a pandemic setting and under the most challenging market conditions, CodeGen successfully deployed TravelBox™ in FCTG’s United Kingdom and South Africa offices in November 2020. Thereafter it was followed on with New Zealand in December 2020, and a significant deployment in Australia was completed in February 2021. The final implementation was completed in the US and Canada in March 2021, successfully deploying TravelBox™ across all Flight Centre business regions.
Commenting on the collaboration, Programme General Manager Jason Hartley said: “The partnership between CodeGen and Flight Centre and alignment between the respective teams allowed for a large amount of quality development to be done in a short period of time. In rolling out TravelBox™, FCTG was able to retire eight legacy systems – a huge achievement, which now means a large increase in ROI on every dollar of development spend, benefiting all users globally.”
“After an extensive review of a range of solutions, we found CodeGen and its technologies were the ideal fit with our future digital transformation plans. CodeGen has extensive experience in working with sizable clients and has delivered successfully for a number of years. We are excited as we look ahead to maximise our opportunities in the future,”Hartley further commented.
Through the use of TravelBox™, FCTG confidently replaced many systems, making its operation more efficient and seamless.
Today, TravelBox™ is at the heart of FCTGʼs entire operation. The company is leveraging the full scope of its features and functionalities, from managing supplier profiles, inventory contracts to pricing and packaging, sales, finance, reporting and supplier/client documentation.
TravelBox™ and FCTG At a glance
- TravelBox™ has enabled FCTG to save more than 20% on comparable annual costs, boost their Return on Investment and expand their omnichannel capabilities from one centralised platform.
- FCTG manages business across four continents and supports more than 4000 concurrent users with 5000 plus agents overall.
- The Predictive caching offered via TraveBox™ has accelerated searches across all six regions located across four continents.
- The platform enabled end-to-end product management, including flights, hotels, activities, tours, transfers, car hires, insurance and manual product flows, allowing FCTG to employ flexible packaging options for its travel retail operation.
- Each new release is deployed with zero downtime while providing 24/7/365 fully managed services to support
- FCTG was empowered to manage high volumes of bookings speedily with an enhanced omnichannel presence.
- Enables FCTG to optimise the travel booking journey with Artificial Intelligence (AI) led enhancements that are easily pluggable to meet the growing traveller and business needs.
CodeGen is a leading travel technology provider of next-generation end-to-end software solutions and reservation systems for the global tourism industry, with an international clientele that includes many of the worldʼs largest travel organisations, including Tour Operators, Resorts & Attractions, Airlines, Cruise companies, DMCs and OTAs.
Connect with CodeGenʼs travel technology specialists email@example.com get more insights into how CodeGen can transform your entire travel business with our state-of-the-art proprietary travel technology, TravelBox™ product suite.Read more